There is this book at my house, in a shelf by the stove, full of my mom’s handwritten recipes, some recipes are hers and some she learned from friends and family along the way.
This book is full moments shared with loved ones and on almost every page you can find stains of the combat zones that we turned the kitchen into while cooking.
Every page has a story and a memory behind it and for me, it just reminds me of how much my mom’s food makes me happy.
For the Patel de Nata Tart you will need:
- Puff pastry
- 6 egg yolks
- 300 grams of sugar
- 4,5 soup spoons of corn flour
- Lemon peel
- 0,75 liters of milk
- Mix all the ingredients together in a pot and place it in the stove to thicken
- Place the puff pastry in the cake pan
- When the mixture thickens pour it on top of the puff pastry
- Put it in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes
Enjoy it with your loved ones!