This recipe brings me back to being 10 years old breaking cookies with my mom and sister in the kitchen while fighting to see who will be the lucky one to eat the leftovers from the bowl.
That was the deal, we would help our mom and in return we would literally lick the bowl! We would end up with our faces covered in chocolate and a cat nose to prove that we had just thrown our face into the bowl, with absolutely no shame.
For the Salame de Chocolate you will need:
- 100 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of butter
- 150 grams of powder chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of plain cookies (bolacha Maria)
- Whisk the sugar with the eggs
- Add the butter and after the chocolate and keep whisking
- Add the cookies, previously broken and mix it all together with the help of a spatula (so that you get some big chunks of cookies)
- Place the mixture on top of the greaseproof paper and roll it making it into a rectangle
- Freeze it for a couple of hours
- Take the Salame out from the freezer, cut it in slices and it is ready to eat
Enjoy it with your loved ones!
Yes this is a page of the book I was telling you about, I like to call it my mom’s bible!